What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?. Search Engine Optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) --these search engines include Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine and if it can be found by the search engine then it can be found by the web user.
Having a website that is not SEO enabled is like having thousands of flyers for your business stashed away in the cupboard for no one to see. What is the use of having a nice website if nobody can see it. Can you really afford not to have a SEO enabled website?
How we can help you get to the top?
When used correctly, Search Engine Optimization attracts visitors to your website which then turns them into potential customers/clients. This will help you and your company to build brand awareness and will definitely help to drive your sales. More visitors to your website means a better chance of ranking higher on Google.
We use several elements in the web industry to tailor an effective SEO package for your website. We have many skills at our disposal, we will tailor a solution that will optimize your website's SEO potential. Google constantly and rapidly changes rules and regulations so often, therefore we ensure that we are up to date with the latest technologies. Your competitors are doing it and they are busy climbing the ranks of the major search engines.
What we will do
1. Dedicate some time to writing really great content
- Write content that people would want to share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social networks. The search engine will read those social signals as a signal of the quality of your domain.
2. Get links to your pages from other trusted websites.
- Even if your website is new, you have natural links you could try to get. All businesses have suppliers whether they be accountants, solicitors or raw material providers. All these suppliers are bound to have a website, contact them to ask for a link back, but not offer a link in exchange unless you trust them.
3. Complete all image attributes.
- Pictures dress up your pages but search engines don't really know how to deal with them unless you complete all the nitty-gritty details like title, caption, alternate text and description. What we will do is add alt text to your images and videos, we will use keywords for these tags. Alt tags for images will display where the images is supposed to be if that image is not available. So your website vistors will know what that image is about.
4. Diversify internal anchor text links
- There needs to be variations in the text when one creates those blue-highlighted anchor text links. The links on a page are what the search engine spiders follow in determining where they are being led. The text used in the links are used in helping the search engines figure out what the page it leads to is all about. So we will use key words for anchor text links as well, but also avoid keyword stuffing on a website.
5. Take note of word count
- Although it’s been a classic rule that “readers online do not read”, it simply doesn’t mean that one has to deprive the online users of good, meaty content. Stick to at least 250 words a page. We know that writing down for an appropriate length of text means being more able to include more related terms for the target keywords.
6. Avoid duplicate content
- The content on your website should be unique from other pages on your site, and from external sites as well.
7. Meta Tags
- Meta tags are very important for SEO, these are the words you see on search results when you search on Google. The more descriptive your meta tags are, the better.
7. Create proper navigation for your website
- Each page of your site should contain links to every other page so search engine spiders can find every page. This is an important step for the proper indexing and page ranking for your site.